Module 2 Training in the rural areas
In continuation towards empowerment of the women in the rural areas, Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya organized six day Module 2 training on Business Management for Lamkani women group in Mackinnon road centre.
The main objective of this module was to help the women from the Micro-finance groups understand:
- The importance of starting a profitable business
- Importance of controlling their business cash.
- Profit and loss in a business
- Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of a business.
- The marketing tools (6p’s) i.e. Place, Product, Promotion, Price, People, and Plan
- The importance of record keeping for their businesses
The module was facilitated by Sis Sidi Nyota and Sis Kauchi Chifui.
A session on Islamic Religious Education was also held during the training and it was facilitated by Sis. Zainab Jaffer.
The Average attendance of the participants per day was 40.
Activities undertaken during the training:
• Islamic Religious Education was conducted on topics like ‘Marriages’, ‘Divorce’, ‘Wudhu’, ‘salaat’ and Akhlaq of the Prophet (S.A.W.W)
• Issues pertaining to businesses, profit & loss in a business, cash control, SWOT analysis, the 6 P’s were taught through interactive discussions, role plays, case studies and storytelling.
• Work Plan was set up
• IRE sessions were well received.
• The group understood how businesses should be run.
Comments from the participants
“The business session was very important to most of us who have businesses and those who want to start one. They helped us a lot in terms of expanding the businesses if the ideas shared can be implemented. The lessons were explained in a shallow way and that made it easier for members to understand even though they cannot read and write. We would like to thank Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya for conducting these trainings in centres as they help a lot in our day to day lives.
The IRE lessons have also been helping us learn a lot of new things related to our religion. Things like shaking hands with the same gender after salaah increases the love between people is something new we learnt during this session.”Zainab Mustafa, Umazi Jeffa, Oshe Ilambo, Members
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in the process of empowerment of these women from the rural centres.