Credit Training Program
After the successful completion of Module II Training and regular follow ups on the progress of Economic Upliftment Program for Women’s Group, the Second phase of this project - Credit Training Program was launched with five day sessions at Madrasah Mujtaba, Miamba Centre from 3rd March 2011 to 7th March 2011 and at Madrasah Ahlul Bayt, Moyeni Centre from 21st March 2011 to the 25th March 2011.
Having completed Training on Leadership / Business Skills / Savings sessions, the Women were now introduced to Credit Training Module
More than 100 women benefited from these trainings.
The main objective of the course:
1. Purpose of applying for loans
2. Requirement for consideration of loans
3. Amount of the loan applied for
4. Repayment of the loan
5. Accessing the three Cs: Capital, Character and Capacity
6. Completing Loan Appraisal forms
- 92 Baseline data were successfully collected
- 40 Loan application forms were filled in.
- Credit committee were elected.
- The groups have registered new members
- Group members are saving regularly, hence the savings have increased considerably
- The credit training Module was very well understood
- Religious sessions were conducted
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in this training programme. Special thanks go to International Development & Relief Foundation (IDRF) for co-sponsoring this project.